Monday, June 30, 2008

One wrong turn....400 miles later.

We took a little road trip to the Olympic National Forest on Saturday. We had intended to drive directly to the Quinault Rain Forest. I knew that our destination was along Hwy 101, but I didn't realize that Hwy 101 was a loop! I followed the signs to Hwy 101, and I didn't figure out that I was going the wrong way around the loop until Hoodsport. Well, why not just keep going, right?

The kids, Kate and Jack (Cole is in Maryland visiting his cousin), did really well on the trip, and seemed to enjoy themselves. They had their Nintendos and we tried to make stops along the way. Next time we will go the other direction around the loop and make it to the Rain Forest before dark!


Our route...



View of Lake Crescent. A beautiful sight. We will probably come back here to camp sometime.



A quick stop to take some photos.



Another shot of Lake Crescent.



Jack poses for a photo.



Like the song..."Smoke on the water".



We stopped at a public park in Forks, WA before dark to let the kids get out and play. We weren't impressed with Forks, but the kids had fun.



Jack gives me some attitude.



Kate says "Tah-Da"!



Doing some excavating on the playground.



Kate gives it a try too.



Forks, WA public transportation.



The highway follows the coast for a few miles. We got there just after sunset.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

WOW! This post reminds me a little bit of a story I have about our honeymoon - our wedding night to be exact!!!
Looks like you all enjoyed the drive a bit more than I did!