Sunday, January 27, 2008

First full day at Disneyland!

Well, today was our first full day at Disneyland and boy did we put in a full day! After nearly 12 hours of walking, riding rides, and eating, we finally dragged ourselves back to the hotel. We rode nearly every ride in Disneyland today with almost no wait times the entire day. The only waits we had were about 10 minutes for Autopia and about 40 minutes for finding Nemo. We rode Splash Mountain 5 times in a row and got a little wet, but it didn't matter much since we had to dodge about 5 different rain storms throughout the day (hence the photos of us in rain parkas). In between rain showers we had beautiful weather and had some great food. Today was our day to splurge on eating out. We had breakfast before the park opened at the Disney Character breakfast where all the kids got to have the characters sign their autograph books. Then for a late lunch we ate at the restaurant inside The Pirates of the Caribbean. We finished out the day at McDonald's takeout, back at the room. This is probably the most money I have spent on food in any one day of my life.

Take a look at just a few of today's photos, and I will update you on tomorrow's day at California Adventure. We are meeting the Taggarts at 10am at the "Soaring Over California" ride. It should be an exciting day! -Rob


The group photo with just some of the Characters at breakfast


Cole's favorite thing - All you can eat!
Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
(Jack wanted nothing to do with him and hid behind a garbage can)

I found Space Mountain a real bore

We found Nemo!

Even though this car is British, Jack was ready to go!


Can you tell that Katie T. and Jack were fighting?

A classic ride that we could not pass up


I closed my eyes on the first ride...I think this was the 5th trip

Dad, can I quit pretending to lift this thing?

Boys only on this ride

Hey, wait a minute. There's a girl hiding back here!

Main Street at night
Last photo taken for the night...More fun tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All Hannah kept saying (while reading this) was, "No fair!" I think somebody's j-e-a-l-o-u-s. :) Looks like you had a day to remember, and I'm so glad you shared with us.

Can't wait to hear how much you all loved Tower of Terror & Soarin' Over California (my two favs in CA).

Love you guys! Lisa

Anonymous said...

It took us a minute to figure out that you had actually updated it! I figured it out though :D haha.... I AM jealous!!! You guys picked a perfect time to go if it didn't take long to get on Splash Mountain... usually it takes about 2 hours. That is so cool that you at at the resteraunt in Pirates of the Carribbean. Did you ride that ride? I can't wait to hear from you guys again.
Love,
Hannah